300-800 mm f5.6 Sigmonster

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Drbobcameraguy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Well I finally found a like new copy of the dog version of the Sigmonster. I was nervous about 800mm on a D5oo. My worries were unfounded most likely due to my perfectionist attitude. Lol. I'm in love!!!! Yes it's heavy yes it's heavy but omg the flexibility on my gitzo series 5 with a gimbal head is amazing. I'll post some pics in one of the presentation forums

Well I finally found a like new copy of the dog version of the Sigmonster. I was nervous about 800mm on a D5oo. My worries were unfounded most likely due to my perfectionist attitude. Lol. I'm in love!!!! Yes it's heavy yes it's heavy but omg the flexibility on my gitzo series 5 with a gimbal head is amazing. I'll post some pics in one of the presentation forums
I'm looking forward to your posts. Very interested in its optical quality, as Sigma has impressed me with their products since I've paid them notice.

I've owned the 800mm F:5.6 AF Sigma lens since 2002. I have taken to Alaska, Yellowstone and to the Smokies, In July this summer I used the lens with my Nikon D600. It appears that the lens really likes 20 - 24mp cameras. Here are 2 images shot this past July. Both images are cropped to 4x6 at 150DPI
497.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
498.jpg

_DSC9426_024519.JPG

This is a cropped image handheld shaking like a leaf. I hit high speed and took 5 shots. Picked the sharpest. The pics I have tried to upload from the tripod appear to be to large. I'll shrink some and post them later today. Got to get busy on my honey do list. Lol

_DSC9448_032758.JPG
_DSC9454_032752.JPG
_DSC9462_032748.JPG
_DSC9480_032742.JPG
_DSC9448_032758.JPG
_DSC9454_032752.JPG
_DSC9462_032748.JPG
The first 2 are a long way off and the closest is with a 1.4 teleconverter. Unfortunately it's manuel focus only with the teleconverter. The rest are just random shots from the front yard of the farm and momma riding Jake in the back. Lol. Nice lens and I'm happy. They are basically unedited except for the conversion to jpg and the standard minor sharpening due to raw. I use 3 in Nikons Editor. I think I pulled the shadow in the 2nd pic. Hope you all like the bigma. Lol
_DSC9448_032758.JPG
_DSC9454_032752.JPG
_DSC9462_032748.JPG
_DSC9480_032742.JPG

Back