5 in-flight images

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
It
00618 14X10W D4 4832.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
’s now 20 years that I have been trying to shoot animals in flight, whether birds, insects or mammals, even grandchildren and dogs - it is all a learning curve and lots of luck too. I do not say it becomes easier, but panning goes better when it’s a light lens and not 7 kg wobbling on your left-hand. These are recently edited images, although some were taken some time ago. I have >500k of images taken over the past 16 years that need looking at and require post processing. I only recently learned how to edit better, with the result that I am re-doing all my images.

1 Marsh Owl, Asio capensis, Vlei-uil – Zibulo Colliers, Mpumalanga – D4; 600 f/4 + 1.4 TC; f/8; 1/2500; ISO-800;

False dotted border, Belenois thysa thysa, Valsvoëlentwitjie on a Kalanchoe (Crassulaceae) fower ~ Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens, Roodepoort, Gauteng, South Africa., – D4; 600 f/4 + 1.4 TC; f/7.1; 1/4000; ISO-800
00562 8X8W D4 5436.jpg

J.I.F. ~ Jackal in flight ~ young Blackbacked Jackal, Canis mesomelas, Rooi jakkals enjoying a run in the early morning mist rain ~ Kruger NP, Mpumalanga, South Africa.- , – D500; 500PF; f/7.1; 1/1000; ISO-3200
00453 18X12W D500 2075.jpg

ItView attachment 1326’s now 20 years that I have been trying to shoot animals in flight, whether birds, insects or mammals, even grandchildren and dogs - it is all a learning curve and lots of luck too. I do not say it becomes easier, but panning goes better when it’s a light lens and not 7 kg wobbling on your left-hand. These are recently edited images, although some were taken some time ago. I have >500k of images taken over the past 16 years that need looking at and require post processing. I only recently learned how to edit better, with the result that I am re-doing all my images.

1 Marsh Owl, Asio capensis, Vlei-uil – Zibulo Colliers, Mpumalanga – D4; 600 f/4 + 1.4 TC; f/8; 1/2500; ISO-800;
Nice photo! I love the light and colors.

Back