800 Pf lenscoat

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've got the actual Lenscoat brand. It fits well and has a couple of handy details like a small hole over the white dot for alignment when mounting on the camera. Expensive but they work.

I'm using the Lenscoat Brand and the edges are sealed to prevent / reduce fraying. I had some fraying on my 3 year old Lenscoat that's on my 500PF but I trimmed the frayed ends and sealed the edges so far so good. I've heard good reports from friends that use Roland Pro versions.

Last edited:
I just received an 800pf this week, and as soon as I was notified it was coming, I ordered a covering from outdoorphotographygear in UK. I have the lens coat for the 180-400/4 and others, and one from outdoor photography gear for the z 400/4.5. I particularly like the latter as it is a bit thicker, and the edges are sewn to prevent fraying.

0D18CA67-BCDE-4830-9474-309997A9A28E.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
8DF153A5-99EA-45F6-AACE-88FFBE8E85BE.jpeg
A8520633-2E27-458C-9294-33B38122DD89.jpeg
Hi,
Received my 800 pf a month ago
, and after a bit of an online research I bought an excellent coat . It is from a relatively unknown brand but the quality seem to be very good. I found it on EBay:

The pros:
- it well made
- easy to install, they even supply a hex tool to remove the lens foot
- VERY IMPORTANT: it have 4 holes for the L-fn2 buttons ( something which is missing, if Im not mistaken on the Lenscoat and Rolan pro products )
- there is a hole for the hood detach lever
- there are red dots stickers to lens mount and lens foot alignment
- the edges are sewn - so it will not fray ( like on the lenscoat)
- the urban camo is a nice choice to have ( more of a personal preference, I guess)

Cons:
- a bit pricey compare to the Rolanpro, but similar to the Lenscoat

P.S. : Been a long time remote observer of this excellent forum & site ( and Steve follower on YouTube, of course🙂)
This is my first post here… hope it will benefit the OP and others
Asaf

I will not buy another lenscoat as they are poorly made considering the cost. The edges fray and split. This UK product is much better, as they sew robust double herring/blanket stitches on all the edges. Their 80-400 G and 500 PF cover has held up well.
The company also makes excellent lightweight camouflaged hides, and netting/sheeting, which has lasted me well.

These might be harder to order outside of UK

Last edited:
www.ebay.com

FUJING Waterproof camo Lens Cover for Nikon Z 800mm F6.3 VR S long focus lens | eBay

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for FUJING Waterproof camo Lens Cover for Nikon Z 800mm F6.3 VR S long focus lens at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!
www.ebay.com

P.S. : Been a long time remote observer of this excellent forum & site ( and Steve follower on YouTube, of course🙂)
Asaf
Thanks for the info....Welcome to the forum!

View attachment 62275View attachment 62276View attachment 62277Hi,
Received my 800 pf a month ago
, and after a bit of an online research I bought an excellent coat . It is from a relatively unknown brand but the quality seem to be very good. I found it on EBay:

The pros:
- it well made
- easy to install, they even supply a hex tool to remove the lens foot
- VERY IMPORTANT: it have 4 holes for the L-fn2 buttons ( something which is missing, if Im not mistaken on the Lenscoat and Rolan pro products )
- there is a hole for the hood detach lever
- there are red dots stickers to lens mount and lens foot alignment
- the edges are sewn - so it will not fray ( like on the lenscoat)
- the urban camo is a nice choice to have ( more of a personal preference, I guess)

Cons:
- a bit pricey compare to the Rolanpro, but similar to the Lenscoat

Asaf
I like the looks of this product, nice touches w/ the cutouts for controls and dots for mounting alignment.

Back