If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

dkleinsmith

Supporting Member
Marketplace
It's been awhile since I've posted any photos. My job has kept me busy and I find in general I don't pick up the camera much in the summer. But here are a couple I took that I thought turned out well.
There was a fire on the Washington side of the Columbia and it was named Tunnel 5 Fire. It was on a steep hillside with a lot of homes in the path. 10 homes were lost unfortunately. When I saw the smoke to the north of my home I grabbed the camera and the Tamron 150-600mm and found a great vantage point across the Columbia from the fire and was able to get some great shots of the planes working the fire.
Tunnel 5 fire.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A few weeks ago I was at a location on the Oregon side of the Columbia River at a great venue called the Giffin House. I occasionally takes photos of a friends band and he invited me to shoot a performance. I shot the band for a few hours and as I was leaving I took this shot looking down the Columbia right after the sunset. I honestly didn't think much about this photo as it was kind of a quick shot and I kept walking towards my car. Later on as I was editing a few days later I discovered that this photo was pretty cool.
Columbia River.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I thought you all would enjoy these and I wanted to share.