A Few Eagles from Last Week on PWS

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Herring were schooling in a bay where we were anchored. There was an adult pair and a couple of juvie eagles feeding quite aggressively. Much of the time they were out of range but once in a while they fished within a reasonable distance of us. Below are a few of the shots I managed to grab.

1) I like the rain forest BG and the angle of the bird in this one.
_NZ94105_DxO.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2) I wish I'd been a bit closer for this one. Shot in DX mode plus additional crop.
_NZ94123-Enhanced-NR.jpg

3) Gotta love a distant BG.
_NZ94165_DxO.jpg

4) This sort of busy BG typically doesn't play well with PF lenses. The 600 handled it pretty well.
_NZ94155_DxO.jpg

All nice. I really like the trees in the background on the third shot. Not sure why, I just do. :)
Glad you enjoyed them, Woody. Some people don't like the bright vertical tree trunks but for those familiar with the rain forest it gives a sense of location.

Dan,
Excellent set
Chris S.
Thanks, Chris.

Great set Dan.
Appreciate the comment, Louie.

Excellent as usual, Dan. As much as I like other birds, the Eagles will always be my favorite.
I think we're kindred spirits in that regard, Rick. I never get tired of seeing and/or photographing them. This past week I saw several birds splash down to catch fish. A couple of them had to swim ashore. Not unusual to see at the height of salmon season but atypical this early in the year. I saw one bird dive out of a tree and go straight in like an osprey. Though less gracefully.

Herring were schooling in a bay where we were anchored. There was an adult pair and a couple of juvie eagles feeding quite aggressively. Much of the time they were out of range but once in a while they fished within a reasonable distance of us. Below are a few of the shots I managed to grab.

1) I like the rain forest BG and the angle of the bird in this one.
View attachment 90639

2) I wish I'd been a bit closer for this one. Shot in DX mode plus additional crop.
View attachment 90640

3) Gotta love a distant BG.
View attachment 90642

4) This sort of busy BG typically doesn't play well with PF lenses. The 600 handled it pretty well.
View attachment 90641
Beautiful Dan. Looks like you had some fun. I like the trees in the background as well. 👍👍👍

Back