If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DanG

1654829472808.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

1654829541418.jpeg

1654829684857.jpeg

1654829758427.jpeg

1654829812035.jpeg

Nice set, Dan. I really like the OC/chicks. That's an optimistic cormorant grabbing that large of a fish. Looks like a blue fish.
Thanks, the next day I saw the long length of those fish that were running. They actually were also jumping from the water making it quite easy for various birds.

Very nice action captured. Well done.
The photos appear to be a bit soft.. are they cropped? It is known that Nikon JPEG photos are soft with Factory settings.. maybe this is the reason..

Nice series, Dan.
Following on Ado's comment on sharpness - I'm not bothered with the sharpness of the images. Having said that, one often needs to sharpen up again after reducing the size of the images before posting. Steve posted a very good set of actions on Backcountry Gallery on how to resize for posting an image on the internet. I have been using his method with good success. I tried it one one of your images and it improved the shot. If you want I can post it here for your review.

Last edited:
Nice series, Dan.
Following on Ado's comment on sharpness - I'm not bothered with the sharpness of the images. Having said that, one often needs to sharpen up again after reducing the size of the images before posting. Steve posted a very good set of actions on Backcountry Gallery on how to resize for posting an image on the internet. I have been using his method with good success. I tried it one one of your images and it improved the shot. If you want I can post it here for your review.
Nice series, Dan.
DEFINITELY! That type of advice is so important! I shall explore it as well but yes to posting it!

DEFINITELY! That type of advice is so important! I shall explore it as well but yes to posting it!
Ok, here you go. I reduced highlights just a tad to improve overall contrast a bit. I think it's plenty sharp enough now.

1654829684857.jpg