If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

A few of the damselfly and dragonfly pictures from this year during my walks.

Picture 1: Calopterygidae male blue-winged damselfly and a female golden damselfly
Picture 2: Four-spotted chaser dragonfly
Picture 3: Azure Maidens male and female

I am always very grateful for suggestions and suggestions for improvement.

Note:
After scaling down to a maximum of 1200 px, I'm having a lot of trouble getting usable images and not just blurry mud.
Does anyone have a solution outside of Adobe?
I've only used Luminar for years and it's not great for scaling smaller.

HZF_4788-1-bcg-topaz.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

HZF_4798-1-BCG-topaz.jpg

HZF_5305-1-bcg-topaz.jpg

Last edited:
These pics look great to me, Mark. What I do for pics with more res. is I upload them to Flickr and then do a copy/paste of the pics from there to here. I hope that helps. I wish I could tell you more but that's all I know to do myself.

These pics look great to me, Mark. What I do for pics with more res. is I upload them to Flickr and then do a copy/paste of the pics from there to here. I hope that helps. I wish I could tell you more but that's all I know to do myself.
Thank you very much Kirk for your praise and the tip about Flickr.
I'll first look for a software solution without having to go to a third-party site.
If I don't find anything, I can always take the detour via Flickr.
good night🖖

You've done well, Nicely captured and sharp. I'm also impressed you actually identified them.

Chris S.
Thank you Chris for your praise.
When I started photographing animals 1.5 years ago, I started looking for the right names.
So that I know what I saw and can identify it again.
Before that it was just: "Oh look there's a dragonfly 😅"