If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

cchuck

ChuckCarlson
Supporting Member
Marketplace
Very mild LightRoom adjustment to Color Temp, Tint, Exposure, Clarity and fairly severe crop saved as jpg and then down-scaled to fit web site limits.

HETH NoShrp NoNoiseRedctn 1.4X III_.Sjpg.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Yes, that location, a fish hatchery many decades ago, is full of bushes, vines and fallen limbs and trees. Good for birds and patient birders; a tough spot for photographers. I just visited your blog. Good work! I see you fully understand the Hermit Thrush.

Good question! I've never paid any attention to those settings because I do all of my sharpening and noise reduction in Photoshop. Guess I should! My copy of LR classic is set to Adobe Defaults. I think the sharpness default for that is 40.

I didn't realize there was a default in LR for sharpening. Nice to know. Thanks! If I add sharpening, it happens as part of Topaz DeNoise, or in Photoshop/Detail. I used neither on the image. It then lost detail in down-scaling and file size contraint when I posted it. I was hoping to get the image to reflect just the camera and lens capabilities. Sounds like that would be a challenge.

Thanks for the info, albeit a bit off-topic it's helpful. I'll readjust and get back to posting photos.