A pair of African Paradise Flycatchers raising their two chicks.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

marc

Sometimes the best birding can often be found right in camp!
And here we found a pair of nesting African Paradise Flycatchers raising two chicks, right behind the Managers tent and adjacent to the kitchen, hence the noises you might hear on the video, the pair were completely unfazed by the activity.

Naboisho camp, Naboisho Conservancy, Mara- Kenya.
Nikon Z9 & Z70-200 f/2.8

Last edited:
Sometimes the best birding can often be found right in camp!
And here were found a pair of nesting African Paradise Flycatchers raising two chicks, right behind the Managers tent and adjacent to the kitchen, hence the noises you might hear on the video, the pair were completely unfazed by the activity.

Naboisho camp, Naboisho Conservancy, Mara- Kenya.
Nikon Z9 & Z70-200 f/2.8

Wonderful video Marc!

Excellent video, Marc!
I see, you were doing it with 70-200! Very close, right? For the birds! Anazing!
Thanks @ElenaH

This was a case where I was actually a little too close to this nesting family as it was closed in and being backed up to a large stone wall and could not get back
any further. I was shooting images with my Z400TC and was just on it's MFD, with very thin DOF.

Back