A potential predator and its potential prey

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Richard Stern

Supporting Member
Marketplace
There is a huge southwrd migration of small shorebirds (sandpipers etc.) at this time of year close to my home, in Nova Scotia, on the East coast of Canada. It's fun to find the occasional rarity, such as this Western sandpiper, amongst the big flocks. The birds are preyed upon , mostly by Peregrines and Merlins, but the juvenile Peregrines, such as this one, usually miss. Pictures taken a few days apart with my (still learning) new OM-1 and Oly. 100-400 f5.0-6.3, hand-held.

PEFA-9097157-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

WESA-2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

There is a huge southwrd migration of small shorebirds (sandpipers etc.) at this time of year close to my home, in Nova Scotia, on the East coast of Canada. It's fun to find the occasional rarity, such as this Western sandpiper, amongst the big flocks. The birds are preyed upon , mostly by Peregrines and Merlins, but the juvenile Peregrines, such as this one, usually miss. Pictures taken a few days apart with my (still learning) new OM-1 and Oly. 100-400 f5.0-6.3, hand-held.

View attachment 69445

View attachment 69446
Richard, Beautiful shot of the falcon! Well done👍👍👍. Sandpiper shot is nice as well.

Back