If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Caught this little guy while I was waiting for a resident eagle to return. I think he was looking for handouts, he stayed for about 30 minutes just hopping around me constantly chirping.

2020-03-11 UP CLOSE SHOT OF A SONG SPARROW AT THE UNION BAY NATURAL AREA SEATTLE WATER MARKED...jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I sometimes see them here in S.E. Michigan. I think most people don't even notice them or just think "all sparrows are the same" but as others have said: They are a beautiful little bird. Very nice photo.

Thanks for the responses, I have found a lot of enjoyment in trying to find the smaller birds. Now if I could only get them to pose for me all the time.

And I was waiting for the 520 resident eagles. I rode by 520 on my bike today and one was out, beautiful as ever. There is also a regular pair of eagles just off of 1-90 by the Sammamish State Park.

Thanks for the responses, I have found a lot of enjoyment in trying to find the smaller birds. Now if I could only get them to pose for me all the time.

And I was waiting for the 520 resident eagles. I rode by 520 on my bike today and one was out, beautiful as ever. There is also a regular pair of eagles just off of 1-90 by the Sammamish State Park.
The "resident" eagles have changed over the years and even been renamed depending on who is talking about them (with the exception of Eddie who was struck by a Metro bus years ago :cry:). It reminds me a bit of the Dred Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride. My wife normally commutes across 520 and often looks to see who is out. It helps brighten up an otherwise ugly commute.

--Ken