About "Color Management"...

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MotoPixel

Supporting Member
Marketplace
As I've recently been involved in 3 recent threads concerning people dipping their toes into the video "pool" or posing technical questions, I think it's helpful to build one's understanding of some of the terminology and workflow matters if you're going to move beyond simple editing of clips. This is especially important if you want to understand and move into shooting in Log, Raw or HDR formats which require more technical color grading skills.

To that end, I'm sharing a link to perhaps the most clearly presented and thorough overviews of color management for video that I've run across. The group that produced this has some outstanding tutorials that, while primarily focused on DaVinci Resolve, convey technical concepts that are applicable to all NLE's (Non-Linear Editors) and video production in general

Cheers!

Back