Abstract Frozen Scenes from Abraham Lake

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The main reason for my trip to Banff and Jasper this winter was to capture the frozen bubbles of Abraham Lake. Unfortunately the sunrise that morning was not spectacular and no clouds provided shade, but I still got some shots I'm happy with. The first is the classic shot of frozen bubbles, but I was far more intrigued by the abstract possibilities presented on the ice.
AbrahamBubblessmall.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

IceBubbleCrack.jpg

BWCrackAbraham.jpg

Crack2.jpg

Crack3.jpg

CrescentBubble.jpg

Pretty cool (pun intended)! I haven’t seen or heard of those bubbles before. Is it a specific local phenomenon, or have I just not been around enough frozen lakes?

The last one is really special . Clever who could tell what it is if it was presented alone, this singularity is reinforced by black and white.

At the same time, we can clearly see a 3D effet. surely a subject to dig deeper. Very well done 👏

The main reason for my trip to Banff and Jasper this winter was to capture the frozen bubbles of Abraham Lake. Unfortunately the sunrise that morning was not spectacular and no clouds provided shade, but I still got some shots I'm happy with. The first is the classic shot of frozen bubbles, but I was far more intrigued by the abstract possibilities presented on the ice.
View attachment 53044
View attachment 53045
View attachment 53046
View attachment 53047
View attachment 53048
View attachment 53049
Justin, the 2nd & 3rd shots are much more interesting. love it.

Oliver

Back