added kit for camera/camcorder desktop/tripod

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jljOY90l.jpg

I thought stupid like, this is all I needed until I realised maybe the ground would not be level. A little bit of hunting around for a cheap solution I came across this and just bought for £17

b9UM6Vyl.jpg

It is a levelling base I can add to the base of the column for a large angle alteration or at the top for a smaller one. Just got to wait for it to arrive. if it doesn't work no great financial loss

Last edited:
sony ax53 v panasonic HC-x1500 walking with the panasonic for stablisation tryout

I think is if someone has only used sony camcorders they are going to say Sony are the best, same for panasonic users. However I have used both so can speak from over 12 years experience using camcorders . Nothing actually wrong with the Sony AX53 video wise ,but oh that lack of control and stablisation!!!!!!!! say no more. for me that was the main issues i had with it
I find that albeit the sony is ok??? the panasonic produces a better video overall.

to give so idea of how steady the panasonic is walking hand held in my garden (with slippers on) also need little practice doing it

Panasonic HC-X1500 hand held ND built in filter on1/4 setting

there is no way could I have done this with the Sony AX53. also check the colours. Taken 14.30Approx on 29/3/2024 today and one of the 3 options to use for stablisation. you don't get that with the Sony

this is how i did it

P1060380.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I bought a tripod arm for two positions . this gave me clearance to use the flip out screen. Also a round handle ( I modified an old one I had) assembled like this. to say I was staggered the difference this made, well the vide above shows. initially I had the handle abvove the bar but that made the camcorder that much lower . Apart from that the hadle being that far from the camcorder helped control any sideways swing

Last edited:
Any information that is more than 12 months old is likely to be out of date considering the rate at which the technology is evolving. The good news is that with the large video market there are many third party solutions providers that have emerged.

Any information that is more than 12 months old is likely to be out of date considering the rate at which the technology is evolving. The good news is that with the large video market there are many third party solutions providers that have emerged.
You can chase what is the latest until the cows come home ,as the saying goes. what I would say is that if one is content with what one has, then why upgrade to get the same result? Been there and done it from Nikon D70s-D200-D300-D800-D810 and cost a small fortune. No more chasing from now one and only upgrading when existing equipment is no longer usable. Of course manufactures are going to keep on producing the latest and greatest ever to keep their share of the market and boost sales. A lot of the upgrades are only minor alterations anyway but push them for reasons I just mentioned.

I have come to the conclusion that if the photographer is happy with what they photographed that is satisfying for them. The bonus is is if others like them as well.

Back