If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

When I signed up for the photography package at Adobe, I installed lightroom classic, photoshop, bridge and apparently camera raw. I don't specifically remember choosing camera raw but it's installed. I've never used bridge and after a little research found how bridge predates lightroom classic and way back when it used to be bridge, camera raw and photoshop. So i've removed bridge to free some space. But what about camera raw? I don't even see a way within the creative cloud application to uninstall it. It almost seems like a subcomponent of lightroom classic at this point?

Does lightroom classic or photoshop require camera raw to function? Or is there a way to uninstall it if it's of no use?

If you’re importing RAW image files into Photoshop, Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) will be run so that you can enhance the image and import it into Photoshop. If you’re capturing your images in RAW format and you plan to edit them in Photoshop you’ll need ACR.

The Develop Module in Lightroom Classic is essentially ACR. It’s a critical part of Lightroom and you can’t delete it.

Last edited:
Back