Advice Needed Please - Godox V1

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi

I have recently joined the forum and already I am in need of advice!

A few details…..I have a D850, Z9, SB900 and a Godox V1. I am trying to set up the Godox and Z9 for focus shift shooting. However, I cannot get the Godox to fire at all during the shooting sequence. It will fire perfectly during normal shooting - but not focus shift.

I have searched extensively - but nothing I’ve found works. The Z9 is not in silent shooting mode. 1st frame exp. lock is off.
I know it’s not the Godox, as I have no issues at all using either the SB900 or the Godox V1 on the D850 with focus shift shooting. As far as I am aware - the settings on both the Z9 and D850 are the same. I am sure I am missing the obvious here…but just cannot see where I am going wrong.

Initially, I set the Godox to manual mode - but I have tried iTTL and RPT….and have pushed most of the buttons - but still no luck. Evidently, I have messed up a setting somewhere….?

I should also mention I have only just bought the Godox, so I am not familiar with it. However, as I said, it works perfectly on the D850/shift shooting…and seems pretty intuitive to use!

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

Thanks

Back