Advice on iPad Pro Glass?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

doclrb

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Wondering if anyone can offer advice on whether the standard or the nano texture glass is better for post-production on the new iPad Pro?

Thanks in advance,

Les

I listen to the MacBreak Weekly podcast and they were talking about the new iPads. With respect to the nanotexture glass, they said that Apple was saying that it is specifically for people who know that is what they need for their specific use case. In other words, if you do not know if you need it or not, you don't. My understanding is that it will affect brightness. It may also not be as durable but that remains to be seen. Also, the 1 & 2 TB models also have a slightly better processor and 16GB of RAM instead of 8 if that matters to you. From Are Technica:

"A lower configuration of the M4 has just nine CPU cores—three performance and six efficiency. Which one you get is tied to how much storage you buy. 256GB and 512GB models get nine CPU cores, while 1TB and 2TB get 10. Additionally, the two smaller storage sizes have 8GB of RAM to the larger ones’ 16GB."

Thanks for your reply. Definitely going w/2TB. Nano Glass is supposed to reduce glare and allegedly a bit less sharp due to the matte finish. The question is whether the matte finish will impair editing in any way. I’m inclined to think not and/ or only for Pros with absolutely pin sharp captures (not me!).

Les

Appreciate your comments.

Yes. And I will upgrade my 2021 MBP eventually. SPSS is said not to run well with the M2 chip. I use my iPad for photo processing, reference work, calendaring, teaching and as the ultimate E-Reader. I’ve been loyal to the Minis since they were released, but just want a bit more screen but not 13” as it’s just a bit too large for comfortable one-handed use.

Best,

L

Back