If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gillholm

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken with a D500, 200-500, heavy crop.
One can easily see it is cropped but it's still ok in my opinion, what do you say?

1629662508883.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The capture itself is very nice.
The crop format IS a bit curious, but if it was meant to be on display with other photos fit side-by-side directly below it…
As a panorama-sized print…
Still, looks good. It’s what you like that matters.

The capture itself is very nice.
The crop format IS a bit curious, but if it was meant to be on display with other photos fit side-by-side directly below it…
As a panorama-sized print…
Still, looks good. It’s what you like that matters.
Thanks Dan! :)

Nevermind the format, it just surprised me the IQ didn't get
worse than this given the circumstances, crop sensor, iso 2200 etc.

Sorry I missed this shot. It is fantastic! I'm into taking DIF (Dragonflies in Flight) pictures also and that one is EXCELLENT!
Thank you for the kind words Andrew! :)

It is a challenge and one doesn't get many keepers but i like trying! 😅
I'm thinking of getting the 300PF, is it what you use for DIF?
A bit quicker AF would be nice and the weight issue, most times i have to
use a monopod and i guess the 300 is much easier to handhold?

Last year I was using my 200-500 which was too heavy. I have switched to the 300PF for just about everything! Including macro shots so I don't have to get on my hands and knees (too old for that!) and the 300PF is LOT lighter!!!

Last year I was using my 200-500 which was too heavy. I have switched to the 300PF for just about everything! Including macro shots so I don't have to get on my hands and knees (too old for that!) and the 300PF is LOT lighter!!!

Yes, it is a bit heavy to handhold for more than a short moment.
Guess i just have to get mysef a 300PF then, there is always something to improve 😅