AF Fine Tune for Tamron 150-600 G2 and D7500

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Anjin San

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hi Steve…I'm getting ready to do the AF Fine Tune adjust on my lens using the procedure and target from the site…in it you specify to make sure that the focus is as sharp in live view as it can be. I presume that I should not manually adjust if AF misses a bit but just defocus a little and try AF again before doing the double button press in the procedure…or is giving it a little manual focus tweak fine…it seems like since we're tuning the AF that I need to let only the AF focus and if it's off refocus in AF before proceeding but wanted to verify that manual tweaks should not be included.

I'm actually redoing it so as to do it at various focal lengths and using the Tamron TAP in console to put them all into the lens instead of a single number in the body…and am going to do it outside for better light on a calm day…I couldn't really get far enough inside the house to adequately do the testing the first time and I got wildly differing numbers at the various focal lengths I tested…lower focal lengths were all at -6 and higher ones at 0 to +2…and I would think that however this particular lens was off wouldn't change that much as FL varied but maybe it does. Anyway…that's the primary reason (along with getting farther from a better lighted target) that I want to redo it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back