Afternoon With a Reddish Egret

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

K9Kirk

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Taken late Wed afternoon, close to sunset, a reddish egret getting in his end of day snack.

102-studio.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

230-studio.jpeg

348-studio.jpeg

Nice set. I assume these are from the North Beach at Ft. DeSoto. I have never been there in late afternoon. Completely different light than in the morning. I'll need to give it a try

Terrific shots.
Very nice
Kirk, Awesome expression on that last shot! Well done👍👍👍
Thanks Ralph, what I thought, also, those crazy eyes!
Nice set. I assume these are from the North Beach at Ft. DeSoto. I have never been there in late afternoon. Completely different light than in the morning. I'll need to give it a try
Thank you and correct on the location. The light is just the opposite in the evening with it being bright and slowly getting dimmer and dimmer as you near sunset but the color change of the light is nice. I took these as it was still bright. Another thing that's usually different, is the background changes since you're facing the tall grass behind the tidal stream instead of the sand & ocean. I always watch for any chances of some good silhouette or landscape shots with the sun on the horizon in the bg.
Nice work, Kirk, gotta love #2!
Thank you, Callie. I like a good water splash.
Great action and nice lighting!
Thanks, Ed, I appreciate it.

Back