AI and Bird Photography

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Maljo

How about an AI program that runs through the day's thousands of images and deletes all the images that are not sharp? Or could be in-camera and simply delete images not in focus?
Of course one could turn off the feature. But coming home with 3 or 4 thousand images and heading out again the next day to do it again, this might be a nice feature. By the time I get back to my camper or hotel, it's time to go to sleep. Sorting images falls way behind. HereI am now sorting images from April 2024.
Yellow Throated Warbler TN b-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

How about an AI program that runs through the day's thousands of images and deletes all the images that are not sharp? Or could be in-camera and simply delete images not in focus?
Of course one could turn off the feature. But coming home with 3 or 4 thousand images and heading out again the next day to do it again, this might be a nice feature. By the time I get back to my camper or hotel, it's time to go to sleep. Sorting images falls way behind. HereI am now sorting images from April 2024.View attachment 96090
I still have images from March and April that I’ve not yet culled for editing. An AI app to do the culling would be useful but I’d still want to do a manual review. 🙂

Next will be a camera that takes itself to a pre programmed spot, takes 4000 images for you, comes home and has a recharges itself while the AI does the sorting and leaves you 10 photos to have a closer look at. Think how much extra sleep, work, or coffee time you”ll have.

Next will be a camera that takes itself to a pre programmed spot, takes 4000 images for you, comes home and has a recharges itself while the AI does the sorting and leaves you 10 photos to have a closer look at. Think how much extra sleep, work, or coffee time you”ll have.

And then you find out the camera hid in the shed and just downloaded photos from the internet and made all the other stuff up!

Back