If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SBurkholder

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Well, we were sitting around having dinner this evening on our lanai when this Woodstork showed up and started looking in our windows. It happens to us in here in Florida from time-to-time. Birds get curious -- like the time that a Great Blue Heron decided to take our our window screen. Anyway, I went and grabed the camera, cracked the door, and took a couple of hundred shots of him/her walking back and forth until it got completely dark. You can see by my ISO's that I'm pushing it a little. But we all had a great time. Nikon Z6 with 24-70 F4 (at 25.5) ISO 10000 1/500. The two close-ups were with my 300 mm PF, both at F4 and 1/500. The one head left is ISO 2800, head straight on ISO 7200
_DS92847.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
_DS92784.jpg
_DS92843.jpg

That's definitely more comfortable photography than sneaking in on the wildlife through cold mud.
The high ISO on the third does not seem to harm quality much, would not expect ISO 2800 to be a particular problem on a Z6 which the second image confirms.
I like the 3rd most, the fall off of sharpness that isolates the head really emphasizes the impression that (s)he is in your face

That's definitely more comfortable photography than sneaking in on the wildlife through cold mud.
The high ISO on the third does not seem to harm quality much, would not expect ISO 2800 to be a particular problem on a Z6 which the second image confirms.
I like the 3rd most, the fall off of sharpness that isolates the head really emphasizes the impression that (s)he is in your face
Thinking the same thing as I looked at my boots and pants covered in mud from an attempt to get some shots of Yellowlegs last weekend; nice to finish dinner with wildlife photography :)

Well, we were sitting around having dinner this evening on our lanai when this Woodstork showed up and started looking in our windows. It happens to us in here in Florida from time-to-time. Birds get curious -- like the time that a Great Blue Heron decided to take our our window screen. Anyway, I went and grabed the camera, cracked the door, and took a couple of hundred shots of him/her walking back and forth until it got completely dark. You can see by my ISO's that I'm pushing it a little. But we all had a great time. Nikon Z6 with 24-70 F4 (at 25.5) ISO 10000 1/500. The two close-ups were with my 300 mm PF, both at F4 and 1/500. The one head left is ISO 2800, head straight on ISO 7200
View attachment 25163View attachment 25164View attachment 25165

Very nice; love that the wildlife comes to you at your dinner table :)

Great opportunity - I really like that second shot; it makes for a great portrait, with enough dof to have some feather detail on the chest while still isolating the head.