Alaskan Cruise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Feiertag

Good day. Tomorrow (1st Sept) I will be going on an Alaskan cruise, departing from Vancouver, BC. It is my first cruise.

I was hoping to get some photography and general tips. I'm also curious if you took many if any photos en route (open waters) to Alaska.

Cheers............Harald

Yes and to Ketchikan, Skagway, and Juneau. Did you do any open-water photos along the way?
I did the same type cruise. Our trip was 11 days. We did a 4 day land tour by observation train. On the way to Anchorage from Fairbanks, we Spent 24 hours in Denali. We had a tour guide who took us for a 9 hour tour of the park. It was great. We picked up the ship in Seward. The trip ended in Vancouver. Our stops on board the ship were the same as yours. Took loads of photos. Glacier bay is your best bet for some nice water shots. Unfortunately, those ships are so high off the water that even with a telephoto lens you will need some luck to get some whale shots that look decent. Did get some nice whale shots during our stop in Juneau. We took a whale watching boat. Our trip was in July.

Back