Alberts Lyrebird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

ruley74

Most people know these bids for their mimicking ability and this one didn't disappoint. His Kookaburra was insanely good and his camera shutter when I let a few off was also very decent :D . This race of Lyrebird is the lesser common one only found in northern NSW and southern QLD, Australia. Found in rainforests so shooting them can be challenging! D850 & 400/2.8G
D85_103416-35 @24mm F4 shooting up.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I am green! Where did you nail him, O'Reilly's? I have "hunted" him allover Gold coast area but will have to try again when we can visit OZ again. Very nice image and the pain of carrying that heavy glass in the forest too!

Thank you, yes O'Reilly's. Funny enough these guys were in the bush just next to the main day use car park. My wife was there first and got video on her phone they were that close, four initially and two (male & female) when I got there with the camera. I know what you mean about trying to find them, this was by far the best encounter we've ever had with them. The male was quite amusing, just wouldn't stop nattering!

Back