Algoma Sunrise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Lighthouse are among my favorite subjects to photograph and I'm lucky enough to have six within an hours drive of me. My favorite way to frame them are with sunrises since they're on the western side of Lake Michigan and provide a nice clear horizon. This particular one is at Algoma, WI. Since sunrise comes early in the summer, I don't typically do sunrises this time of year, but decided to try anyways. This ended up working out in my favor. Due to the position of the sun, I had to position myself father away from the lighthouse than I usually do which in turn meant the sun would appear larger. I will never tire of seeing how the sun changes the color of the sky as it rises, even with a perfectly cloudless sky like this. Before it broke the horizon it was a purplish red, slowly transitioning to the oranges and yellows seen below.

850_0843-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

850_0875-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back