Allen’s Hummingbird

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

BAL Land

Orange County, California. Critiques appreciated! Thanks.
Image downsized for posting.
1672250269353.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nicely executed shot - both exposure and composition. It appears that the background is not close to the bird. In that case, after getting a solid shot, you might try shooting a bit more close down, say f8, to increase the fine feather details in the bird. Then in post you can compare and pick the one you like the best. Did you crop this one very much?

Nicely executed shot - both exposure and composition. It appears that the background is not close to the bird. In that case, after getting a solid shot, you might try shooting a bit more close down, say f8, to increase the fine feather details in the bird. Then in post you can compare and pick the one you like the best. Did you crop this one very much?
Thanks, it was a bit of a crop. I’ll keep that in mind for next time. Usually I do that though so I’m not sure why I didn’t here. Here’s a screenshot of the original shot, as you can see I did clone out a branch or two. 😁
5F6799C8-423C-474C-95FC-55EBE5F2CD76.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back