Allstate Square Trade Insurance

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

MalcolmP

Supporting Member
Marketplace
When I bought a D850 three years ago through B&H, I also purchased their Four Year Allstate Square Trade Protection Plan. A plan that advertises 2 to 5 day turnaround.
When the D850 displayed an ERR message, I contacted Square Trade who authorized shipment to their designated repair facility. They shipped the repaired camera 13 business days later.
The frustrating part is I contacted them after the fifth business day and nobody knew anything but they would contact me on the 6th. At the end of the 6th day they assured me I would get an update yet that evening. Nothing. When I contacted them on the 7th, they told me I would get an updated status on the 9th day. They finally shipped on the 13th.

So what is advertised as a one week turnaround was a three week and the lack of communication made for a very frustrating experience. Having said that, I paid $349 for the plan and still have a year to go.

From what I have seen, the D850 (and others) can only be serviced by Nikon. I suspect they had to send it to Nikon for repair (let's hope so for your sake!) and they have no control over how long it takes Nikon to repair. All repair times previously considered normal are up in the air due to intermittent supply chain issues.

Back