Amazing Photos In Bad Weather! Everything You Don't Know :)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Steve

Admin
Staff member
Supporting Member
Marketplace
It's time to grab your raincoat and start shooting in bad weather! In this video, I'll show you tons of pro tips and secrets for shooting in rain and snow.

We're talking critical information that most people don't know - and that has a HUGE impact on the final result!

We'll look at the best (bad) conditions, critical background advice, the best shutter speeds, the best "bad weather" AF area, frame rate, F/stops, and MORE! Get ready to blow everyone away with your "bad weather" photos!!

Thanks Steve! You packed a ton of great tips in this video! The bonus tip certainly topped it off! Do you have any special camera/lens rain covers you prefer. The one you showed in the disclaimer looked like a simple (almost throw away type).

Thanks Steve! You packed a ton of great tips in this video! The bonus tip certainly topped it off! Do you have any special camera/lens rain covers you prefer. The one you showed in the disclaimer looked like a simple (almost throw away type).
I like those op-tech toss-away ones. The full-on rain jackets are kind of a pain. I have one, but it's sort of bulky and not as easy to use as I'd like. Although, most of the time I jump out, get my shot, and jump back into the car. Some of those shots - like the zebra - were from a safari vehicle. The bison was just two days ago from the window of my truck. The 600 TC got soaked on the end, but it didn't seem to care.

I enjoy shooting in snow, for sure. I almost always like the end result of the pictures. Rain is a mixed bag, and in Colorado we have to retreat in rain often due to lightening.

Cool video, Steve. Thanks.

Lovely video. I've always enjoyed shooting in inclement weather because it usually keeps other people at home. The most valuable thing for me - was I wasn't capturing the impact of the scene because I was still shooting at too high of a shutter speed.

Thank you very much Steve for your very ins;piring video; most of the time, I avoid such bad weather conditions to go and take photos outside; this video encourages me to do it, with all the precious tips that you share.

Back