If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JohnW

American goldfinch paying a visit to our back deck the other afternoon.

Z7 with the 200-500 @500mm 1/1250 f5.6 and iso 6400

JWZ_0894-NEF_DxO_DeepPRIME-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great image that makes good use of the light "halo" of brighter background light around the bird to separate it in the frame. Even with blurring of the background the areas of brighter light still have a big impact as your excellent image demonstrates quite well.

I also favor having a subject along a diagonal from the top left to the bottom right corners and this shows with your composition and the bird's choice of the branch to land on.

Great image that makes good use of the light "halo" of brighter background light around the bird to separate it in the frame. Even with blurring of the background the areas of brighter light still have a big impact as your excellent image demonstrates quite well.

I also favor having a subject along a diagonal from the top left to the bottom right corners and this shows with your composition and the bird's choice of the branch to land on.
Thank you, I don’t analyze it, just frame it with a to me pleasing comp and shoot.