If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

dupcak

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Another backyard safari type of shot. Trying to capture them before they lose their colors in the fall/winter.

Was tempted to post this in the critique forum but those posts don't seem to get as many "eyes" on them as here. I'd be happy to hear any suggestions - don't hold back. (Background too busy? Or does it balance things out? Beak too hot?)

_RD45810-Enhanced-NR-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The background is good for me too - because it is not a distracting mix of stuff - the colour and the selective focus is good. It also makes it less of a BIS (bird on stick) photo which I think is more interesting. The seed cones (?) add to the photo. Competition is very high in photography - and making an image different (but good) is a winner. Personally I don't have an issue with the beak.

The background is good for me too - because it is not a distracting mix of stuff - the colour and the selective focus is good. It also makes it less of a BIS (bird on stick) photo which I think is more interesting. The seed cones (?) add to the photo. Competition is very high in photography - and making an image different (but good) is a winner. Personally I don't have an issue with the beak.
Many thanks for the detailed feedback Elsa - I definitely appreciate it. I was a bit worried that the main branch in the photo formed a leading line that took the viewer right out of the photo, but in the end my mind sticks in the frame because of the bright yellow bird and ignores the branch.