American Red Squirrel-Canon 6D Mark ll, Canon 500mm f4 w/1.4ext, 700mm, 1/640sec, ISO2000

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

34a.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

You were correct. Here is an updated photo. I took care of the log and played with exposure using curves. First attempt with a darker BG I didn't like. I then lightened the BG and I think I got a much better photo. I can see a litlle of the color cast you are talking about, but on my monitor and the print I see none.
34d 11x8.5.jpg
34d 11x8.5.jpg
34d 11x8.5.jpg
34d 11x8.5.jpg

Like the exposure changes, agree. But I'm a big fan of not all shots have to be animal portraits absolutely. I've got no problem with the original's amount of log -- some great texture and lines there (maybe a darkening of that would pop the wee squirrel a bit further, as well). Nice capture. These guys are thick where I live and I enjoy their scoldings as I walk by :)

Like the exposure changes, agree. But I'm a big fan of not all shots have to be animal portraits absolutely. I've got no problem with the original's amount of log -- some great texture and lines there (maybe a darkening of that would pop the wee squirrel a bit further, as well). Nice capture. These guys are thick where I live and I enjoy their scoldings as I walk by :)
I agree about the squirrel. On my screen it is darker. Not a lot, but enough to make a small difference.

Back