If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DSC_0311-Edit-Enhanced-2-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
DSC_0285-Edit-Enhanced-1 (1).jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

They are interesting animals. The ones at Point Reyes hunt waterfowl as a pack and encircle a duck on the water and pull it down by its feet to drown the bird.
I guess that's why the mallards put up a fuss and flew to the other end of the pond when this otter and his pal showed up.

They are interesting animals. The ones at Point Reyes hunt waterfowl as a pack and encircle a duck on the water and pull it down by its feet to drown the bird.
Have you have seen that? I have only seen Point Reyes otters once or twice and never while hunting.

Very nice. When I do see river otters it is usually a case of not seeing their faces well or me being too slow to capture photograph them before they dive. Well done.
Thanks! I was down low and not moving very much so they probably didn't notice me being there. They never seemed to alert, they just casually swam off.