Amish Dairy Farm, Upstate NY

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Abinoone

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Last fall, I enjoyed exploring Amish farm country, about 60 miles south of Buffalo, NY. It's a spectacularly beautiful part of upstate, New York, especially in the fall. The Amish live simply and work their farms mostly by hand, to keep them humble before God. Most houses have no indoor plumbing, electricity, or gas heat. This particular farm caught my eye because of the dairy cows and old barn, with its backdrop of colorful fall foliage.

F89CAAD6-3C77-4ADF-8C81-98DFB2C57569.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

What a colorful image. The pastels in the sky and the palette of fall colors in the flora pop off the screen. I can imagine how it looked in person. Great image. Clearly the cattle did not wish their pictures taken...

What a colorful image. The pastels in the sky and the palette of fall colors in the flora pop off the screen. I can imagine how it looked in person. Great image. Clearly the cattle did not wish their pictures taken...
Thanks! Yeah, I waited for the cows to cooperate but they were having none of it!

Back