An Hungary Pied Bill Grebe

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I was at the local pond last week and caught this Pied-Billed Grebe diving and feasting on, what looked like little catfish. He kept diving and coming up with a different catch every time and he would twist it back and forth every which way, then finally would put it down the hatch. No exaggeration he must have eaten at least ten fish before he moved on, it was fun to watch.

Enjoy

1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg

5.jpg
6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I was at the local pond last week and caught this Pied-Billed Grebe diving and feasting on, what looked like little catfish. He kept diving and coming up with a different catch every time and he would twist it back and forth every which way, then finally would put it down the hatch. No exaggeration he must have eaten at least ten fish before he moved on, it was fun to watch.

Enjoy

View attachment 95986
View attachment 95987
View attachment 95988View attachment 95989
View attachment 95990View attachment 95991
View attachment 95992
View attachment 95993
Chris, Excellent set of images. It’s great when you’re in a situation like that. Last winter hooded mergansers were feeding on crabs in a similar fashion for me. You just keep on shooting until they leave.Well done👍👍👍

Back