If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I found this Boat-billed Heron at a creek next to the Crocodile Bay resort on one of Steve's Costa Rica trips. Tolerated my presence very well and posed for quite a few shots...

untitled-0911-IMG_00001NIKON D500.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Wonderful photograph of this bird! I saw a couple of them in the shadows along the river banks but they were not so well posed as this!

Wonderful photograph of this bird! I saw a couple of them in the shadows along the river banks but they were not so well posed as this!
Thanks Karen. There were a few of these around like you say in the shadows but this one was out in a patch of sun sort of saying "look at me, look at me"... so I did

Nice shot. It's difficult to find one of these guys in the open.
Thanks Fred. This was on the "free day" of the trip so everyone went their own way. So, I was all alone when I spotted this guy and maybe the lack of people and our clattering shutters made the bird feel less intruded upon and felt more like showing himself. Just a hypothesis ...