If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NorthernFocus

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Last week I captured a nice fishing sequence. The AF with the Z8/600PF sticks like glue.

1) High speed approach.
Z8A_0524_orig.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

2) Applying brakes.
Z8A_0534_orig.jpg

3) Lining up
Z8A_0538_orig.jpg

4) Flare
Z8A_0559_orig.jpg

5) Extend
Z8A_0561_orig.jpg

6) Got it
Z8A_0564_orig.jpg

7) Power stroke
Z8A_0568_orig.jpg

8) Head for the nest
Z8A_0571_orig.jpg

Terrific series. I love it when they come in hot and the feathers are all ruffled like in the first shot.
Thanks, Woody. Yeah it's interesting to see how the feathers demonstrate air flow.

Fantastic shots. Just acquired the same camera and lens. What focus mode were you using for this sequence.
Thanks. I use wide area large when the bird is far away with busy BG. Switch to auto area as the bird gets closer to the camera/farther from the BG.

Awesome photos man. Looking forward to get some eagle images myself this summer!
Glad you enjoyed the post. Hope you score on them.

Fantastic series Dan,
Each image is very sharp and clearly demonstrate the capability of the camera and lens combo in your very capable hands,
Thanks for sharing.
Gavin

Fantastic series Dan,
Each image is very sharp and clearly demonstrate the capability of the camera and lens combo in your very capable hands,
Thanks for sharing.
Gavin
Thanks, Gavin. Glad you enjoyed them. I'm loving this kit.

Thank you for the info on focus modes. Helps me as I move from Sony to Nikon.
I shot an A1 for a year along with Z9. When released Z9 animal detect AF wasn't even close to A1. Certainly caught up now.

Dan,
Great sequence, it is always fun to capture these type of sequences, its yahoo moment
Chris S.
Yeah it's nice to execute well once in a while.