Animals looking or acting like humans series 1

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Callie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Catching action and expression on animal faces has fascinated me for many years. Just as dogs and their owners often resembles one another, there are animals that remind me of personalities, or jobs. Here are a few:

1 The Judge, circa 1890 – Maybe one of the ugliest birds on the planet, until you see it in a different light – Marabou Stork, Leptoptilos crumeniferus – D3S; 70-200 f/2.8; f/6.3; 1/1600; ISO-640;
00254 A3W D3S 5480.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Callie, these are just stunning. How close are you to these beasts - especially the lion and the leopard?
Kathy - depends on many factors. The lion was not near, at least 10 m. Although sometimes they are right next to the car. The leopard was very near, as we were on an open game drive vehicle and the shot was not taken at 400 mm, so, maybe 4 m or so. In Feb this year in Kruger, I shot a leopard on my wife's side of the car, then waited for it to cross over to my side. As the car was on a low water bridge, we though he would walk past the rear of the vehicle, but he walked 600 mm past on my side right when I poked my head out to see where he was. :mad:

Kathy - depends on many factors. The lion was not near, at least 10 m. Although sometimes they are right next to the car. The leopard was very near, as we were on an open game drive vehicle and the shot was not taken at 400 mm, so, maybe 4 m or so. In Feb this year in Kruger, I shot a leopard on my wife's side of the car, then waited for it to cross over to my side. As the car was on a low water bridge, we though he would walk past the rear of the vehicle, but he walked 600 mm past on my side right when I poked my head out to see where he was. :mad:
Thanks for the info Callie. Very interesting

Back