If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

We had another great night in Scotland on 14/03/22, with a huge arc spanning the sky which then threw columns upwards to nearly directly overhead, pretty much unheard of over here. I had a go at stitching four shots together to try and capture what I could actually see. A truly amazing sight.
This was taken about 4 miles from where I live in Dingwall, (the lights on the left of the photo). The road bridge, is the Cromarty Bridge, spanning the Cromarty Firth.
Lots of history during the wars and latterly, our oil industry.

CB 003 Resized.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
We had another great night in Scotland on 14/03/22, with a huge arc spanning the sky which then threw columns upwards to nearly directly overhead, pretty much unheard of over here. I had a go at stitching four shots together to try and capture what I could actually see. A truly amazing sight.
This was taken about 4 miles from where I live in Dingwall, (the lights on the left of the photo). The road bridge, is the Cromarty Bridge, spanning the Cromarty Firth.

View attachment 35399
Jack, what an awesome shot! Beautiful👍👍👍

Wonderful photo Jack. Great foreground clarity.
Our local news last night posted a northern lights forecast for tonight for a KP 7 storm. So, batteries are charging and the forecast for clouds tonight are high clouds.

Wonderful photo Jack. Great foreground clarity.
Our local news last night posted a northern lights forecast for tonight for a KP 7 storm. So, batteries are charging and the forecast for clouds tonight are high clouds.

Thanks #airestudiosmt, we have nice clear skies but still some daylight at the moment, batteries are charged, just a lens change and a dog walk and I'm ready... (y) 🤞

Beautiful capture Jack,
How far is Dingwall from Edinburgh, and ,will the northern lights still be around mid to end April?
I will be in and around Edinburgh at this time,
Regards,
Gavin

View attachment 35399
Beautiful shot. Well captured and stitched toether. Keep 'em coning!

View attachment 35399
Beautiful shot! The arch is striking presentation.

Beautiful capture Jack,
How far is Dingwall from Edinburgh, and ,will the northern lights still be around mid to end April?
I will be in and around Edinburgh at this time,
Regards,
Gavin

Thanks Gavin, you're looking at about a 3.5 hour drive and 170 miles. As for northern lights in mid to late April, in theory, yes but the shows are getting later. Last week most people were capturing aurora at 3.30am, due to the clocks going forward to BST.
There has been some nice shots from the Forth Estuary at Dunbar, just along the road from Edinburgh...(y)

Thanks Gavin, you're looking at about a 3.5 hour drive and 170 miles. As for northern lights in mid to late April, in theory, yes but the shows are getting later. Last week most people were capturing aurora at 3.30am, due to the clocks going forward to BST.
There has been some nice shots from the Forth Estuary at Dunbar, just along the road from Edinburgh...(y)
Many thanks Jack,
I will look at the Forth Estuary area,
Regards,
Gavin

View attachment 35399
Oh wow! As cool as that looks in the photo, it must have been even more magnificent in real life. What a joy to see!

Great image. I should be so lucky as to have 1 such image, not another night of them.

Thanks Rich, this was by far the best night I've witnessed in Scotland, but I do have to spend a lot of time waiting to get my captures. This display lasted for over an hour, mostly, its a 15 minute show.