ANOTHER backpack thread for 600 f/4 lenses!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I know, I know, I know, there are so many threads on this subject already. HOWEVER, I'm looking for the absolutely SMALLEST backpack possible to carry a 600 f/4 lens with body attached. Anyone have something to recommend that is lightweight and not bulky?

Tenba Axis can contain 600. But also I would check those single Lens backpacks such as think tank glass limo or lenstrekker 600 from lowepro. Double chek dimensions tho 😉

The mindshift Firstlight 30L will carry a 600/4 lens detached from the camera, in my case the Sony 600GM.
It fits with not even a few mm's to spare in length: 46cm space, and with the hood reversed is short 5mm in depth, which is acceptable for me: 18cm space, the hood is 18,5cm with the cap on.
This must be the absolute smallest backpack to fit a 600/4 lens.

The 35L+ is the newer version, but I chose the older 30L because I was able to get it for half the price of the newer model.
It is a great bag.

Back