Anybody had a replacement card slot on their Z9?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

The primary card slot on my Nikon Z 9 developed a fault in that a CF Express card would not click to hold it in place, the spring just pushed it out. I sent my camera to Nikon for a quote to repair and they have come back saying it needs a replacement PCB board, which as this houses the processor costs an eye watering amount for a replacement.

I had assumed the physical card slot would have been a replaceable part, I wondered if any other forum members have had this issue and got a repair from Nikon that did not require a full PCB board replacement?

The primary card slot on my Nikon Z 9 developed a fault in that a CF Express card would not click to hold it in place, the spring just pushed it out. I sent my camera to Nikon for a quote to repair and they have come back saying it needs a replacement PCB board, which as this houses the processor costs an eye watering amount for a replacement.

I had assumed the physical card slot would have been a replaceable part, I wondered if any other forum members have had this issue and got a repair from Nikon that did not require a full PCB board replacement?
Haven't had this on my Z9, but did have that exact problem on a D500 several years back. Full PCB replacement was $450 plus shipping and taxes. $530 total for the D500 in January of 2020. Moral: beware of flaky plastic on XQD or CFExpress cards. In my case it was a Sony XQD that was the culprit.
Peter

Back