Anyone have experience shooting with Sony RX10 v 4?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RickW

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A buddy of mine is going on a trip and asked me show him some pointers using the Sony RX`0. I set the camera up for auto iso , continuous focus and P mode. I have a Sony Rx100 and if I set mine up that way, I can compose a shot and adjust either the fstop or the shutter speed (or both) and see the adjustments I am making in the viewfinder. When he tried this out on his Rx10, he composed and shot an image as the P mode suggested - no adjustment to either variable. Perfect exposure. He then composed the same photo and adjusted the aperture from f4 to f8. First shot was perfectly exposed, second was way over exposed. Any idea what might be going on?

Also - after adjusting the aperture from suggested one by camera (f4.5) to F8 as above causing blowout in expsoure, if he went to compose a different shot right after, the selelcted f8 aperture remained - the camera did not suggest its setting so that photo was over exposed. My understanding of P mode is that when you compose and 1/2 press the shutter, camera suggests the 2 variables. We then can adjust either or both and camera will still expose correctly based on the 2 override selections and if necessary move the ISO to accomodate the other 2 settings? What am I doing wrong?

I have no experience with Sony cameras. However, my first thought relates to ISO. What was the ISO on both images? The change from f/4 to f/8 is two stops less light. Did the ISO increase by more than 2x?

Back