Anyone using the Leofoto BV-20 Fluid Head? Thoughts & experiences?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking about getting the Leofoto BV-20 fluid head and was wondering if anyone has experience with it? I primarily shoot wildlife and birds in flight, so smooth panning and tilting are important to me for tracking fast-moving subjects.

I should probably say that I'll mostly use it with a Z9 and 800mm f/6.3.

Appreciate any insights—thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I considered it when I was buying the iFootage monopod that Steve spoke of. Instead, I actually bought the 3LeggedThing Airhed Trinity . Works amazingly well on the monpod

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 10.12.52.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I am eyeing that video head for a while. I had nitrotech n8 and it was alright with a heavy prime. However, I have switched almost fully to leofoto products (at discounts they have very good price to quality ratio). There are tests online and it seems this video head can handle 400mm lens. Of course you do need more Nm for 600 lens but I am sure that it is not that much. I hope it will be discounted soon and I will have a chance to try it in person.

That looks very nice indeed, I have just bought the Manfrotto 500AH, which I plan to mount my 600TC on. Motivated partly by the price and partly by Hudson Henry's recent video:
. i was going to go for the Flexshooter pro, but given this is so 'reasonably priced' I will see how I get on. i currently have a rather heavy and clunky Kenro gimbal, which just frustrates me..

Back