Aps-c Sensor Cleaning Swabs on A1

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

No harm in trying. You may end up with a streak in the middle of the sensor that takes another pass to remove although the streak is not likely to show up in your images. Take some test shots at f/16 to confirm.

Related question: how many a1 users have had to clean the sensor? In over two years' use of my primary body I've yet to see any dust spots. Likewise the rear screen: no screen protector, no nose prints.

Related question: how many a1 users have had to clean the sensor? In over two years' use of my primary body I've yet to see any dust spots. Likewise the rear screen: no screen protector, no nose prints.
I’ve never cleaned either of my a1’s in 2.5 years. I do now and then do the auto sensor cleaning mode.
I’m religious about turning the camera off (I don’t close the shutter) and keeping it pointed down as I change lenses. Seems to work.

I’ve never cleaned either of my a1’s in 2.5 years. I do now and then do the auto sensor cleaning mode.
I’m religious about turning the camera off (I don’t close the shutter) and keeping it pointed down as I change lenses. Seems to work.
Wish they sprinkled that magic dust on the sensor they make for the Z9 which seems to be a dirt magnet. I wonder if the guard actually makes things worse or that radical flange distance. My camera store which is three blocks from my studio cleans mine after every trip it seems. My FX3 on the other hand is always clean.

I would not use them, since the edges of the swab might introduce some risk of scratching.
Furthermore, because the swab is smaller, you will have to wipe more than one time. I absolutely do not recommend this.
Any piece of dust you've collected with the first wipe can scratch your glass at the second wipe.
Never ever use a swab a second time (You can flip them once and wipe in the same direction once more, though)

I tried that before, that's why I tell you not to do it...

Wish they sprinkled that magic dust on the sensor they make for the Z9 which seems to be a dirt magnet. I wonder if the guard actually makes things worse or that radical flange distance. My camera store which is three blocks from my studio cleans mine after every trip it seems. My FX3 on the other hand is always clean.
You shoot video, which means its far easier to see and youre more likely to stop down. Someone who shoots mostly wide open stills could have way more spots and never know it. My experiences with the Z9 and dust are pretty good actually and I regularly shoot at f22, but I suspect my ftz adapter helps keep the dust out too.

You shoot video, which means its far easier to see and youre more likely to stop down. Someone who shoots mostly wide open stills could have way more spots and never know it. My experiences with the Z9 and dust are pretty good actually and I regularly shoot at f22, but I suspect my ftz adapter helps keep the dust out too.
Good points.

Back