If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PhilcTx

Supporting Member
Marketplace
One of six principle "toes" of the Colombia Icefield is Athabasca Glacier. Located near Hwy 93/Icefields Parkway in Canada's Jasper National Park this glacier is the most visited in North America.
Canon 30D w. 70-200mm @ 70mm f/16 1/125 ISO 100

glacier-1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Very nice Phil.

I was blown away the first time I visited the Athabasca and saw the glacier buggy tour buses crawling up and down the glacier.

Very nice Phil.

I was blown away the first time I visited the Athabasca and saw the glacier buggy tour buses crawling up and down the glacier.
Dave - yes it's quite a memorable place. My strongest recollection was even a half-mile or so away from the glacier wall the glacier was sucking warmth out of the air - creating distinct wind currents into the glacier.

Pretty nice shot…we've been there several times in our previous RV full time living life and were always amazed that winter or summer the cold breeze coming down off the glacier and across to the Ice Center was constant even on an otherwise windless day.