Aurora from the May 10th storm

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

best storm i have ever seen, clouds played havoc with the skies but at least they opened up enough to see something after being clouded over for most of the day, first time i have seen the skies in northern ontario brighter in the south than they were in the northern skies

a.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

b.jpg

c.jpg

Really nice shots!

We're hoping for another aurora show. My wife got up at 3:30 am this morning to check on whether the kp index was up, after reading that there was a possibility.
We had a good show last May despite being much further south (Bay area, CA).

Really nice shots!

We're hoping for another aurora show. My wife got up at 3:30 am this morning to check on whether the kp index was up, after reading that there was a possibility.
We had a good show last May despite being much further south (Bay area, CA).
Thank you Alan....yes that storm in May, i was seeing people posting photos from all over the southern states, Arizona, CA, Texas on spaceweather, from where i live the northern skies were pretty much empty but to the west, east and south was full of colors, only problem was to the south was cloud covered but the lights were so intense that the clouds to the south were colored from the northern lights

Back