B&H are selling new Canon R3s for only $3,999

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Just bored on a Wednesday night perusing B&H when I came across the R3 and it had a 'email for price' button, and then wallah, they emailed a link to the product detail page with the revealed $3,999 price BRAND NEW. Holy smokes. Weren't these $6K when released? Maybe B&H knows the incoming R1's new price and is trying to liquidate their R3 stock

Screenshot 2024-07-03 at 10.41.41 PM.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

It also shows the regular price (with a line through it) as 4,999, which is a thousand bucks less than at launch. I have not been following it and did not realize Canon has reduced the price so steeply. This is certainly a great deal if you are (or want to be) a Canon mirrorless user. As someone with big hands I confess I do like the R3 based on specs (never having handled one). The Nikon Z9 is just a little too big and heavy but the Canon R3 seems just smaller and lighter enough to be about perfect (for me).

What is interesting is that it says instant savings $500, which should make it $4,499. Amazon and Adorama and BestBuy and CanonUSA all list it at $4,499. I wonder if this is a typo on the part of B&H? If so, grab it now before they find out! However I suspect it may be a real deal, since they say email for price, presumably because they cannot advertise it for below official price. If it was $4,499 like everyplace else they would post the price without requiring an email.

I just looked at B&H lens lineup for Canon and over a dozen lenses also say email for price. I did not bother to do that, but if you want to go over to Canon (or already use Canon) mirrorless, now seems like a good time.

Sounds like Canon is looking to clear inventory before the R1 release and/or tired off losing sales to Nikon Z9/Z8 and the Sony A9III. Can't really see any other reason for such a price drop of 33%

Last edited:
Sounds like Canon is looking to clear inventory before the R1 release and/or tired off losing sales to Nikon Z9/Z8 and the Sony A9III. Can't really see any other reason for such a price drop of 33%
I was barely invested in the Z mount (Z6II) when the R3 came out. And as a former Canon shooter, had the R3 been priced around $4000 at launch as it is in that deal, I likely would have gotten the R3 and spent the subsequent thousands in Canon glass. As it turned out, Nikon offered Z9 refurbs for $4500 and Nikon got all money since then. Looking back, Canon did me a favor pricing the R3 so high at the launch.

Back