B&H Closed????

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some DVD's from B&H the other day . They Haven't been delivered yet so I just called them only find out they are closed. Did they go out of business?
No, they did not go out of business.

B&H and the other large New York retailers are pretty consistent in observing various holidays. It would have made very big news if they'd gone out of business and since they just posted their holiday savings events it's pretty clear they're still doing business.

No, they did not go out of business.

B&H and the other large New York retailers are pretty consistent in observing various holidays. It would have made very big news if they'd gone out of business and since they just posted their holiday savings events it's pretty clear they're still doing business.
Seems every time I use them they are closed. I'll have to look for a different source for my DVD blanks.

I ordered some DVD's from B&H the other day . They Haven't been delivered yet so I just called them only find out they are closed. Did they go out of business?
Seems every time I use them they are closed. I'll have to look for a different source for my DVD blanks.
I’m pretty sure they close for Shabbat. They will have a banner at the top of the page when there is a holiday

B&H, Adorama, and a few other NYC based companies have Jewish owners who observe all Jewish holidays. This can be frustrating for non-observant Jews and gentiles used to 24/7 service. However, rest assured they’re very much alive and financially healthy, and when open provide outstanding service.

They observe most of all of the Jewish faith holidays. It is always posted at the top of their website pages and again on the order page. I have had great results from them and commend any business that puts faith before money.

They close every Friday at noon EST for Sabbath and re-open Sunday AM. They are also closed for all major Jewish holidays.
The Jewish sabbath is from Friday at Sundown to Saturday at Sundown every week. The holidays vary and can last 24 hours to as much as 10 days. This Friday 11/24/23 sunset is 4:40 (1645 EST) and Saturday 11/25/2023 sunset is 4:40 (1640 EST). Starting December 2nd sunset is at 4:37 (1637 EST).

Larry: Thanks for your interest in B&H Photo and for your recent purchases. B&H closes at 1:00pm Fridays (2:00pm during DST) and is closed Saturdays. Strict Sabbath observance requires we close the business and may not leave a skeleton staff of non-Jews or non-observant Jews at those times. We have maintained this schedule for decades. Our hours.
I found two recent purchases from you. The order placed 11/08/23 has been shipped. USPS says it was delivered 11/13/23. The item you ordered on 11/15/23 was not in stock when the order was placed and is not in stock today. When you ordered the product's page on our site said. "Special Order - Expected availability: 7-14 business days." We have a tentative ETA of the first week of December but like any ETA this is fluid and uncertain and subject to change without notice. Thank you for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back