B&W portrait series - Feel free to add your own versions and styles.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Squawk

D500, 400 2.8 + 1.4TC at 1/1000, f4.5 iso400. Part of a series of B&W portraits I've been working on.
20170213-DSC_0323-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Beautiful shot of the cat and the processing makes it even more interesting.
This shot posted elsewhere on this site. Reposted here because I like it.

Scar.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Beautiful shot o the cat and the processing makes it even more interesting.
This shot posted elsewhere on this site. Reposted here because I like it.

View attachment 7618
Great shot, I did notice it earlier. I've done a baboon in my series as well and another with less contrast but still high separation. Great fur for this type of photo.

Great shot, I did notice it earlier. I've done a baboon in my series as well and another with less contrast but still high separation. Great fur for this type of photo.
Both shots really well done and suited for this treatment. I have done a few shots in more of this "pencil drawing" style - wildlife and urban sttings. I like it, but responses are often mixed. Keep going!

This was taken at the Bronx Zoo, if captive critters aren't allowed, you can remove.
157248198.jpg
A portrait is all that’s asked for and yours is special. I can do the technicalities of the power of sight lines, but it’s clear here, and you’ve caught a beautiful moment. Love at the zoo.

Peter ~ nice work - I am not B&W but I do like the nearly pencil/pen affect in the fur. That baboon with the truncated hand you mentioned - very nice expression on its face and I do not mind the crop position.

Last edited:
Back