Back again this time with birds and other

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

After I received some very thoughtful and helpful critique on my last upload, I am back to share some more pics. I took heed and went back out to try and get some better compositions. Here's hoping these reflect a modicum of improvement!
Again feel free to be harsh, and mention how you would improve the shots, I know there's always room for improvement. I don't know how to post exif data here, but they were all shot with a z6ii + 200-500 +ftzii ... all handheld (my left arm is 💀 lol 😂)

AKV_2409.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

AKV_2435.jpg

AKV_2462.jpg

AKV_2194.jpg

AKV_2175.jpg

AKV_1935.jpg

I can’t get past that first image. It’s just a weird looking thing!
the birds are superb.
So they are monkey native to Brazil, tiny guys no bigger than fat squirrels in the US. I don’t know their name in English. It’s strange don’t see any squirrels in Brazil instead we find a lot of these. This is on the road behind my house, they use the electrical wires and phone lines to jump over our perimeter walls to dip in our pools in the summer. Their faces have those white markings to deter predators when sleeping. Their eye lids are grey too so when they close their eyes to sleep predators think they are still awake. Main predators are eagles and birds of prey. We can’t leave around food in the backyard as they show up early morning and late evening/night to rummage through any food left out. Mainly fruits!

Nice job on your shots. You will find on this blog that many people don't like human made objects in the shots in my experience.
I love the first shot of the monkey but the shot of the duck the bird is to close to the edge of the shot. Try to leave more room for the bird to fly into.

Cool shots and great job managing your shooting angle and backgrounds. The monkey shots are really nice, especially the face in that first shot but I also like the shot with the two monkeys climbing along the wires. Nice job!

Back