Back Yard Buddy

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jerrylwatson

Supporting Member
Marketplace
A few years ago, I could hear owl calls coming from our back yard. I practiced several weeks at mimicking the call and got pretty close. So, I would go out in the back yard and we would talk. Sadly, our neighbor lost a tree during an ice storm where their nest was and they have not been back. Now I just talk to myself.

Barred Owl1.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Barred Owl2.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

A few years ago, I could hear owl calls coming from our back yard. I practiced several weeks at mimicking the call and got pretty close. So, I would go out in the back yard and we would talk. Sadly, our neighbor lost a tree during an ice storm where their nest was and they have not been back. Now I just talk to myself.

View attachment 74965View attachment 74966
Thats was really cool. It’s a shame about tree. Excellent shots👍👍👍

Sorry you lost the tree, and your buddy! And I can relate to talking to animals too...story for a different day, but I almost picked a fight with a good sized whitetail buck...

But beautiful photos, I'm jealous of the opportunity you had!

Sorry you lost the tree, and your buddy! And I can relate to talking to animals too...story for a different day, but I almost picked a fight with a good sized whitetail buck...

But beautiful photos, I'm jealous of the opportunity you had!
Thanks Mike! Yeah, I still look and listen for them to return.

View attachment 74965View attachment 74966
Beautiful images! There’s a sleepy owl!👍

Back